Notes about Priority
Dorset County Council’s Rights of Way Team is trialling a new prioritisation scheme for rights of way problems. Reported Rights of Way problems are given a Priority 1 – 7, initially based on the information in the report. Prioritisation is based on a number of factors including but not confined to:
- DCC statutory duties
- Public safety
- Popularity of route
Please note that:
- A report may be re-prioritised after initial inspection or after additional information obtained about problem.
- Priorities are guidelines only and a report may be given a higher or lower priority at the officer's discretion.
- Target response time may be adjusted following the scheme trials and will vary according to officer availability and operational constraints.
- Inspection is not always necessary and some issues may be resolved by telephone.
- PRIORITY 1 - FIRST INSPECTION WITHIN 1 WORKING DAY
- PRIORITY 2 - FIRST INSPECTION WITHIN 1 WEEK
- PRIORITY 3 - FIRST INSPECTION WITHIN 2 WEEKS
- PRIORITY 4 - FIRST INSPECTION WITHIN 8 WEEKS
- PRIORITY 5 - FIRST INSPECTION WITHIN 6 MONTHS
- PRIORITY 6 - FIRST INSPECTION WITHIN 12 MONTHS
- PRIORITY 7 - FIRST INSPECTION WHEN RESOURCES PERMIT